Gillian is a shy young woman who was one of few people who remained inside Austin when it was evacuated. When a mercenary unit meant to take over protecting civilians rebelled and killed their military supervisors, Gillian went into hiding in the bookstore where she once worked, doing her best to survive and stay out of their way.
Gillian DeVries can be recruited as an ally only after obtaining the Antique Lighter from Keyes on the hotel roof. With a Negotiation skill of at least 8, she will reveal a ladder in the alley next to her location. The ladder will provide entrance to the hotel, bypassing the mall altogether.
- 2 days after Gillian has been in the Shelter, Davis Cray will mention Gillian disappeared in the middle of the night. Davis will let you know when she returns.
- After a couple days, Gillian will talk about why she left. Depending on your dialogue choices, Gillian can gain/lose Mood and trust in you (if you tell Gillian she can't scavenge, you can reverse this decision if you talk to her in the Shelter later on).
- If you've allowed Gillian to go scavenging for at least a week, she'll thank you and gain a boost to Mood and trust. She'll ask if there's anything she should try to find - Parts, Food, Luxury Items, Antibiotics, or Fuel - and will swap out her scavenging Trait based on your request (this can be changed during Shelter dialogue).
- At 2 weeks (if she was allowed to scavenge), Gillian and Troy Cooper will be having an awkward conversation/argument. If you take Gillian's side, she will receive a small Mood boost, while Troy receives a Mood penalty (and vice-versa). If you have a Leadership or Negotiation skill of 5 or more, you can make peace between them (Mood boost for both) or leave them alone to argue (Mood penalty for both).
- If you've built up enough trust with Gillian (via allowing her to scavenge and being friendly), you can talk to her in the Shelter and ask about the backstory of the cellphone she's always messing with.
- Rechargeable Batteries
- See also Ally Stats.
Survivors develop their skills over time, these stats represent their starting point.
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
Gillian focuses closely on Survival, Mechanical, and Medical skills, following up with Science and Negotiation. Her stats build in Perception, Agility, and Vigor.
- Jumpy: When Gillian´s Panic level is at 50% or higher, her nervous nature makes her 25% harder to hit with melee weapons.
- Watchman: This Ally enjoys having a Watchtower active in the Shelter and will gain a one-time mood boost after it is complete.
(Gained via conversation):
- Medical Scavenger: Gillian is using her scavenging ability to find Medical Supplies, resulting in an additional 2 bandages per day. (default Scavenger trait)
- Antibiotics Scavenger: Gillian is using her scavenging ability to find Antibiotics, resulting in an additional 1 per day.
- Food Scavenger: Gillian is using her scavenging ability to find Food, resulting in an additional 5 Food per day.
- Fuel Scavenger: Gillian is using her scavenging ability to find Fuel, resulting in an additional 2 Fuel per day.
- Luxury Scavenger: Gillian is using her scavenging ability to find Luxury items, resulting in an additional 2 Morale per day.
- Parts Scavenger: Gillian is using her scavenging ability to find Parts, resulting in an additional 2 per day.
Despite her helpful skill combo of Survival/Mechanical/Medical, Gillian's very low damage threshold makes her somewhat risky to keep around in dangerous areas, although her high Agility might make her a valuable ally in low-risk situations where heavy hitters (and those with better carry-weight) can protect her. Other than that, her scavenging traits make her a valuable asset inside the Shelter itself.
Gillian will react negatively to killing neutral survivors.
- Age: 20
- Hometown: Austin, TX
- Sick Event: Sore throat/cough
- Subleader Supported: Lloyd
- Shelter Location: First floor, in far corner of the library
- Davis will point out that Gillian has a lighter case of Asperger's Syndrome, as evidenced by her slight difficulty in picking up emotional cues and her skill at mentally-mapping out areas.