Jenifer Strong is a young woman who used to work in Guest Relations at the Soaring Eagle Resort. She has a bright and upbeat personality, and is very eager to make everyone happy.
- Note: Jenifer will die if she is not recruited before Day 33 (May 22nd).
Jenifer can be found at the "Soaring Eagle Resort", all the way west of Splendid, at the end of Route 67. You don't need any special dialogue skills to get her to come with you - simply invite her, and she'll be glad to come along.
- Jenifer suffers from a classic case of schizophrenia: paranoia, phantom sounds, and the like. While she's usually upbeat and happy, a combination of stress and lack of medication will aggravate her condition to the point of making her unable to function. If you don't act, she may flee the Shelter.
- On her first day in the Shelter, Jenifer will give you some coffee to thank you for bringing her to the Shelter, and suggest the "Hospitality" job.
- At two weeks in, Jenifer will ask if you're doing all right, and will ask if you think she's doing a good job. If you complement her, she'll gain a Mood boost, but will not take any negative impact from anything mean you might say.
- At nearly three weeks in the Shelter, Jenifer will tell you about the location of the Summer Camp (where you meet Ben).
- At nearly a month in the Shelter, Jenifer will say she's heard someone playing music loudly at night, and that people might be doing it to irritate her. You can try to address the issue, but she'll shut the matter down and hurry off.
- At a month in the Shelter, Jenifer will come up to you, frantically begging you to not kick her out. If you have a Medical skill at 8 or more, you can ask if she takes any prescription medication, and learn the location of her house (Strong Residence) so you can retrieve her Antipsychotic Medication. If you have a Medical skill below 8, she will leave the conversation and become Uncooperative, but you can speak to her in the Shelter and ask if she has her parents info written down anywhere, in order to learn the location of her house.
- After a month and a half in the Shelter, if Jenifer doesn't have her medication, she will go into a frenzy, suffering a massive Mood loss and refusing to deal with you. You can choose to kill her, or let her run away in tears. If you don't get her the medicine from her house in five days after this, she'll run away from the Shelter for good.
- After at least one of her episodes, you can talk to Jenifer in the Shelter and try to find out more - if you ask her what's wrong, and are patient with her and repeatedly ask how you can help, she'll mention she wants her parents. If you ask where to find them, press the issue gently and ask for their information or her ID. If you've gotten the medication from her house, do what you have to in order to get her to take it.
- If you manage to get Jenifer her medication and get her to take it, she'll come up to you later and apologize for her earlier behavior, and say she'll try to make up for it.
- Coffee Beans
- See also Ally Stats.
Survivors develop their skills over time, these stats represent their starting point.
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
Jenifer immediately puts a lot of points into her Negotiation skill, following up with Medical and Mechanical, and Science and Leadership later on. Her stats focus on Vigor, Agility, and Perception.
- Helpful: "Jenifer's comforting presence gives an extra 2 Morale per day when she's in the Hospitality job."
- Intensive Care: "This ally enjoys having an Infirmary in the Shelter, and will gain a one-time mood boost after it is completed."
Jenifer is a poor ally in the field: she doesn't have solid combat skills, and her thresholds for damage and the undead are very low. However, she excels in the Shelter in the Hospitality job, although she can serve as a nurse in an emergency.
Jenifer will react negatively to killing neutral survivors.
- Age: 22
- Hometown: Eldorado, TX
- Sick Event: unease/anxiety
- Subleader Supported: Sandy
- Shelter Location: First floor, kitchen