Lightning is one of the two recruitable dogs in the game. Although eager, Lightning is a little younger and less experienced than Pepper and can only perform some basic tricks.
Lightning shows up at the Shelter's gate on Day 22. The player can choose to chase him off, or take him in.
- If you take Lightning with you to the Scrapyard where Pepper is, you will get special options allowing you to bypass the "puzzle" to recruit Pepper.
- If you have less than 20 Food in the Shelter, you have the option to kill Lightning for food. This results in a Morale loss equivalent to the death of an ally (-50), but 16 food.
- Lightning will only consume 1 Food per day (1/3 of a human's ration).
- See also Ally Stats.
Survivors develop their skills over time, these stats represent their starting point.
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
Lightning, like the other animals, does not advance any stats or skills over time.
- Canine: "A loyal companion, dogs may only perform guard duty or follow you on scavenge runs. They can't carry items or weapons in combat, but make up for this with their speed and keen senses."
While in the Shelter, dogs can help with Guard Duty, but aren't able to work any other jobs. Although dogs are unable to use any armor or weapons and are vulnerable to damage, they have more AP than any other character, making them highly mobile. In addition to this, they will warn the player when unseen enemies are nearby. Their Bark attack can be used to draw out enemies, and they can knock down armored enemies to make them an easier target for other allies.
Lightning can carry items in his inventory (just not use any). Lightning will always be content.
- Age: 3 (21 in dog years)
- Shelter Location: Outside Shelter, near sign
- Lightning's breed is German Shepherd.