Mark Corbeau was in the same evacuation group as Michiru Yata and Ryan Michaels. After escaping an attack by a horde he decided to take care of them and led them into safety. He used to work as a chef before everything went down among other careers.
Mark can be found together with Michiru and Ryan at a "Truck Stop" South of Splendid on Route 87. He will be guarded at first, but if you're civil, he'll tell the others it's all right, and they'll come out of hiding. Mark will only agree to come with you if you agree to take all three of them in.
- When he joins the Shelter, Mark will bring up the chef job and volunteer to help with it.
- After a week in the Shelter, Mark will thank you for bringing him and the others into the Shelter, and will ask how he can help. If you tell him everyone likes his food, he'll gain the "Executive Chef" trait - if you ask him to focus on combat, he'll gain the "Razor Edge" trait.
- At two weeks, Mark will ask you to go to the park where Ryan lost his family to see if anyone else made it out alive.
- If Jenny is not yet in the Shelter, at about three weeks, Mark will suggest you check the Soaring Eagle Resort for supplies.
- If Jenny has been in the Shelter for a week, Mark will gain a Mood boost and let you know he appreciates her helping out in the kitchen.
- If Ryan is killed, Mark will ask you if he can have some kind of a funeral for him. If you allow him the parts and the time, he'll gain a significant Mood boost (and if Michiru is alive, she'll get a smaller one as well). If you refuse him, he'll take a Mood penalty. If you have Negotiation of 6 or above, you can offer time instead of a coffin, which will gain a small Mood boost. If you have a Leadership of 7 or more, you can argue against having a memorial - Mark won't fight this, but will only gain a small Mood boost.
- At sometime in the second month, if the Shelter has over 100 food, Mark will suggest cooking a feast. You can volunteer 30 food, 20 food and 10 luxury (if you have Negotiation of 6 or higher), or turn down the idea outright. If you agree, the Shelter will gain a Morale boost of 75 points.
- At a month in the Shelter, Ryan will admit to you he's got asthma, and is out of medicine. If you haven't gotten Ryan his medicine within 3 days after this, Mark will remind you and volunteer to help. If Ryan dies because you didn't get the medicine, Mark will yell at you, and take a massive Mood penalty.
- Chicken Coop
- See also Ally Stats.
Survivors develop their skills over time, these stats represent their starting point.
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
Mark keeps a strong focus on Science, Negotiation, Mechanical, and Medical skills. His stats advance in Vigor, Agility, and Perception.
- Cooped: "This ally enjoys having a Chicken Coop in the Shelter, and will gain a one-time Mood boost after it is completed."
Gained Via Conversation
- Executive Chef: "Corbeau's talents shine in the kitchen, giving an additional 5 Morale a day if he is working the Chef job."
- Razor Edge: "Corbeau has shifted his knowledge of working with knives from cooking to combat, resulting in a 20% increase in accuracy when using one."
While Mark can eventually serve as an emergency Melee character, his lack of points in combat skills makes him better suited to raising Morale when assigned to the Chef job. If he's needed in the field, however, his Razor Edge trait raises his accuracy enough to make him a decent second-stringer in combat.
Mark will react negatively to killing neutral survivors.
- Age: 50
- Hometown: Dallas, TX
- Sick Event: toothache
- Subleader Supported: Paul
- Shelter Location: First floor, kitchen
- Corbeau's visual reference (and name reference) is chef/writer Tony Bourdain.
- Mark Corbeau is one of the few survivors most commonly referred to by his last name.