A single mother of two kids Yukari and Kenji, who she left back in Japan for a Doctor's Conference in Texas when she became part of Mark's group when the apocalypse hit.
Michiru can be found together with Mark and Ryan at a "Truck Stop" South of Splendid on Route 87. Mark will be the only one visible, and will be guarded at first, but if you're civil, he'll tell the others it's all right, and they'll come out of hiding. Mark will only agree to come with you if you agree to take all three of them in.
- At two days in the Shelter, Ryan will ask if anyone speaks Japanese. If Doug is alive, he will try to translate, much to Michiru's disgust. If Doug isn't alive, Ryan will bring up teaching Michiru some English. This will unlock the English Teaching job, which will last for a 300 hour duration (he will bring up the idea to teach her english even if Doug is still alive).
- At about two weeks in the Shelter, Michiru and Ryan will bring up trying to find an English to Japanese Dictionary, which will significantly speed up her lessons.
- When Michiru can speak a suitable level of English, Michiru will tell you that she is a doctor - this will remove her "Language Barrier" trait and add the "Athletic Specialist," "Burn Unit," and "Physical Therapist." She will ask to be assigned to a doctor role in the Shelter.
- If Michiru can speak English and has been in the Shelter for over 50 days, she will ask you for proper surgical tools.
- If Mark is killed, Michiru will take a massive Mood penalty, and come up to you crying, expressing her grief at his loss.
- Sleeping Pills
- Rechargable Batteries
- See also Ally Stats.
Survivors develop their skills over time, these stats represent their starting point.
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
Michiru immediately maxes out her Medical skill, then quickly puts points in Science and Negotiation, and finally Mechanical. Her stat gains focus on her Perception, Vigor, and Agility.
- Language Barrier: "Because of her inability to speak English, Michiru cannot take any commands in combat, and cannot be taken out into the field." (NOTE: this is later removed if she is taught enough English)
- Intensive Care: "This ally enjoys having a Infirmary in the Shelter, and will gain a one-time mood boost after it is completed."
Gained Via Conversation
- Athletic Specialist: "Michiru's medical experience allows patients to heal from Leg Sprain 25% faster under her care."
- Burn Unit: Michiru's medical experience allows patients to heal from the Burned effect 25% faster under her care."
- Physical Therapist: "Michiru's medical experience allows patients to heal from Arm Sprain 25% faster under her care."
Unable to contribute to the Shelter at first due to only speaking Japanese, she is best recruited early on. If a month of Ryan's time is invested in teaching her to speak English, she is unlocked and can be used as the best doctor in the game. With access to the right tools, her formal medical training allows her to treat patients with long-term status effects more quickly than any other ally.
Michiru will react negatively to killing neutral survivors.
- Age: 48
- Hometown: Sagamihara, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
- Subleader Supported: Paul
- Shelter Location: First floor, outside infirmary
- Michiru is one of the few Shelter inhabitants who does not have a sick day - if Ryan is alive, she will instead point out that he's having a bad asthma day and demands to be allowed to take care of him.