Nathan Harris is a real estate agent who got trapped in Texas after driving down to look at a boat he wanted to buy. In his spare time he used to go hunting, camping, and fishing on the weekends to get away from the city. As a result, he has pretty good survival skills and is especially good at fishing.
- Note: Nathan will die if he is not recruited before Day 41 (June 2nd).
Nathan can be found in the church at Menard Graveyard. He should be willing to come with you without much convincing.
- 3 days after joining the Shelter, Nathan brings up trying out fishing as a way to supplement the Shelter's food supplies.
- A month after joining, Nathan comes to you to chat. If you're negative, he'll get a small Mood penalty - keep positive, and he takes a Mood boost as well.
- If Nathan's been in the Shelter over a month, and Craig's been in just over a week, you'll see confrontation between the two where Craig accuses Nathan of cheating at cards. If you take the side of one of them, they'll gain a medium Mood boost, but the other will get a significant Mood penalty. If you demand that they forget the bet, they'll both take smaller Mood penalties.
- If Nathan's been in the Shelter for just over a week and Troy's been around for nearly three weeks, they'll have a confrontation over cards. If you take the side of one of them, they'll gain a medium Mood boost, but the other will get a significant Mood penalty. If you demand that they forget the bet, they'll both take smaller Mood penalties.
- At about a month and a half in, Nathan will point out he's been working hard and ask for more rations. If you turn him down, he'll take a significant Mood penalty. You can give him the food outright (for a nice Mood boost), or Negotiation of 5 or more will let you haggle with him on the number a little more. If you have a Leadership of 6 or more, you can talk him out of the request for no Mood impact.
- At 50 days in the Shelter, Nathan will admit to you he's deeply depressed and worried about his daughters. If you force him to work, he'll take a significant Mood penalty; give him the day, and he'll get a decent Mood boost and be unavailable for the day. Negotiation of 6 or higher lets you talk him into working and getting a Mood boost, while Leadership of 4 or more keeps him working with a smaller Mood boost.
- Coffee Beans
- Recreation Room
- See also Ally Stats.
Survivors develop their skills over time, these stats represent their starting point.
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
Nathan gains random points here and there, mostly focusing on Melee, Survival, Negotiation and Ranged. His stats gain in Agility, Perception, Strength, and Vigor.
- Master Angler: "When it comes to fishing, nobody's better than Nathan - he can catch 50% more fish per Fishing Spot."
- World's Greatest Salesman: "Nathan's cheerful and welcoming demeanor have given him an extra 3 points of Morale for the Shelter per day."
While he makes a good addition to a foraging team along with Survival experts like Bud or Priscilla, he can be a lifesaver when the Shelter is running low on food. With a fishing rod and enough time at a lake, he can generate impressive amounts of fresh food.
Nathan will react negatively to killing neutral survivors.
- Age: 43
- Hometown: St. Louis, MO
- Sick Event: injured eye
- Subleader Supported: Sandy
- Shelter Location: First floor, near right stairs