Parisa is an immunologist who worked for the Center for Disease Control. She was investigating a hot zone, when her convoy was attacked, forcing her to flee - a path that eventually put her in the hands of the Texas Sons of Liberty. The Militia believe her organization caused the undead plague and is able to cure it.
Parisa is only recruitable after attacking Militia HQ.
It is possible to recruit both Parisa Sharazi and Ken Nash in the following way:
- Bring Vic Castillo to the Oil Refinery (to talk to Nash).
- Attack Militia HQ (to free Parisa).
- Do not revisit the Oil Refinery until Ken Nash shows up at the Shelter on Day 70 (because Nash will be hostile at the Oil Refinery after attacking Militia HQ).
- Three days after joining the Shelter, Parisa will ask you to help her continue her studies on the cure, and will give you a list of things she needs - including the Lab and Infirmary upgrades. If you agree, she'll gain a mood boost and be unavailable for the next 3 days. If you turn her down, she'll receive a Mood penalty (but you can later change your mind). If you put her off, you can bring it up with her later in her Shelter dialogue.
- If you've allowed Parisa to hunt for the cure, she'll return three days later to tell you that she's failed. She'll apologize for her failure, and ask to let her continue her research of the disease. If you let her, she'll swap out the "Researcher" trait for "Obsessed Researcher," increasing the amount of Morale earned per day. If you tell her to focus her combat skills, she'll drop the "Researcher" perk for the "Going Clubbing" and "Combat Study" perks, increasing her success in combat.
- 5 days after joining the Shelter, Parisa will ask you not to take her out in the field. If you agree, she'll gain a Mood boost and be blocked from joining the scavenging party. If you've got a Negotiation skill of 6 or higher, you can allow her to stay in and give her a bigger Mood boost. If you have a Leadership of 7 or higher, you can promise to watch her back instead. If you say you can't promise anything, she'll receive a Mood penalty. If you threaten to force her out, she'll receive a Mood penalty.
- If Parisa is not rescued by Day 75, the U.S. Military will take over the Militia HQ and Parisa continue her CDC work with the Military (still locked in the cage). She will be hostile if you decide to attack the U.S. Military.
- Sleeping Pills
- Medical Marijuana
- Science Lab
- See also Ally Stats.
Survivors develop their skills over time, these stats represent their starting point.
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
Parisa will immediately max out her Science skill, and pick up some points in Melee and Leadership before nearly maxing her Medical skill as well. Mechanical is her tertiary focus, although she'll pick up points in Negotiation and Leadership as well. Her stat gains are in Vigor, Strength, Perception, and Agility.
- Researcher: "Parisa's diligence inspires an extra 2 morale per day if she's working on a science-related project." (NOTE: can be removed via dialogue)
- Science Nut: "This ally enjoys having a Science Lab in the Shelter, and will gain a one-time mood boost after it is completed."
Gained Via Dialogue
- Combat Study: "Parisa has focused her efforts on improving her combat abilities, resulting in an increase in her Melee skills."
- Going Clubbing: "Parisa has worked to improve her skill in combat, resulting in a 20% accuracy bonus when using clubs."
- Obsessed Researcher: "Parisa's determination to find out everything she can about the "virus" inspires an extra 5 Morale per day if she's working on a Science-related project."
One of the few scientists in the game, should be put to work in the Laboratory making items and antibiotics. If you're desperate for another B-lister in the field, her skills could be potentially converted, but she's likely best indoors than out. Where her attacks don't hit hard, her high science skill allows her to use contact poisons to augment her club attacks, allowing her to deal additional damage against human NPCs and her medical skills lets her be of use as well.
Parisa will react negatively to killing neutral survivors.
- Age: 38
- Hometown: Atlanta, GA
- Sick Event: exhaustion
- Subleader Supported: Vic
- Shelter Location: First floor, lab
- Parisa's visual reference was astronaut/engineer/businesswoman Anousheh Ansari.