The 9MM pistol is common because it’s popular weapon with law enforcement, military personnel, and gun owners. It’s a very good primary or secondary weapon. It’s not terribly noisy, but it can attract attention if too many shots are fired consecutively. Its damage range is a bit unreliable, but it does the job.
- More common, especially the 9MM.
- Ammo for some pistols is easier to find.
- 1-Handed, no penalty to switch to other 1-handed weapons.
- Mods are cheaper.
- AP cost generally lower than 2-handed weapons.
- Fairly accurate within range.
- Not as noisy as other guns, 9MM can be silenced.
- Chance to critical not as high.
- Maximum range is not great.
- Most pistols are less effective against armored targets.
- Not the most effective weapon against undead.