Sandy Doubleday is a rich and snobby woman, but also an experienced politician. She doesn't know where her husband is, since he's always away for business and rarely home.
Sandy is one of the six Subleaders at the Shelter.
Sandy can be found in her "Mansion", north-east of San Angelo.
- Her first morning in the Shelter, Sandy will volunteer herself for an organizational role in the Shelter. If you welcome her support, she'll gain Respect for you - make it difficult, and she'll lose Respect.
- If Sandy has been in the Shelter for more than five days and you've got the parts available, Sandy will propose building a Suggestion Box. If you approve it quickly, Sandy will gain a decent amount of Respect for you. If you do so grudgingly, she'll get less Respect. If you refuse, she'll do it anyway, and lose a fair amount of Respect.
- A week after joining the Shelter, Sandy will ask for 20 rations. If you allow her to take them, she'll get a fair amount of Respect; if you have 5 or more Negotiation, you can talk her down to 10 for the same Respect gain. If you refuse her, she'll lose a large amount of Respect.
- At about a week and a half in the Shelter, Sandy will point out a gated community that might have supplies.
- If Sandy has been in the Shelter nearly three weeks, she'll tell you about a winery you might want to visit.
- At about a month and a half, Sandy will point out the location of a mall to pick up clothes.
- At fifty days of being in the Shelter, Sandy will either thank you for taking her in or (if she has a low Respect for you) protest that you haven't given her a fair chance. She'll ask what she can do to help: if you tell her Morale needs to be raised, she'll pick up "I Can Do It" the trait; if you threaten to get rid of her, she'll pick up the "We Can Do It" trait.
- Late into the third month, Sandy will ask you for some wasp spray. If you dismiss her concerns, she'll lose a fair amount of Respect for you.
- Sleeping Pills
- Recreation Room
- See also Ally Stats.
Survivors develop their skills over time, these stats represent their starting point.
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
Sandy will focus her skills mostly on Leadership, Medical, and Negotiation, with the occasional point spent in Ranged and Mechanical. Her stats gain in Perception only.
- Master Organizer: "Sandy's skills in organization have sped up the process of upgrades a full 10%."
- Sub-Leader: "This person is someone who speaks with authority, and whom certain people have chosen to listen to."
- Recreator: "This ally enjoys having a Rec Room in the Shelter, and will gain a one-time Mood bonus after it is completed."
Gained Via Conversation
- I Can Do It: "Sandy's determination in any job sets a powerful example for others, resulting in a daily Morale Mod of +5 whenever she's working."
- We Can Do It: "Sandy's determination to prove herself has further refined her organizational abilites, speeding up the completion of any project by 5%."
Sandy works best as a guard around the Shelter, since her combat skills aren't quite good enough for the field. She knows about several useful locations.
Sandy will react negatively to killing neutral survivors.
- Age: 54
- Hometown: Annapolis, MD
- Sick Event: back injury
- Shelter Location: First floor, cafeteria
- Sandy's visual reference is actress Beth Grant.
- If you choose to execute Sandy if she makes a protest, your character will say "something something die, than give you control" is a reference to the song Head Like a Hole from Nine Inch Nails.