Walter Addison is a junior engineer at a power plant in Glen Rose. When the evacuation order came, he waited at the plant for weeks with his colleagues and took advantage of electric power there while the food was running out. They tried to contact other people, but couldn't reach anyone of importance, then decided to send eight people, in eight cars, to warn others that their power plant was on the brink of a nuclear meltdown.
Walter automatically arrives at the Shelter on Day 86, triggering the end-game Crisis Event. You will need to use one of your skills to talk him into staying.
- To convince Walter to stay at the Shelter, you need to have a rank of at least 7 in any skill - convincing him will give Davis Cray a small Mood boost. If Walter is not convinced to stay, Davis will take a Mood penalty. Davis will take a larger Mood penalty if you are mean to Walter.
- Walter triggers the end-game Crisis Event. If you decide to stay, Walter will ask to stay with you in order to help. You can shoo him away if you want, but otherwise he'll be ready to assist. If you decide to do nothing, Walter will leave the Shelter.
- At 2 days, he'll ask not to be taken out in the field. You cannot bargain with him - if you agree, he'll gain a Mood boost. If you don't agree, he'll leave.
- Walter will leave the Shelter if he becomes Infected.
- See also Ally Stats.
Survivors develop their skills over time, these stats represent their starting point.
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
There's not a lot of time for Walter to up his skills, but he immediately maxes out Mechanical before moving on to Science, and if you're around that long, Survival. His stats build in Perception only.
- Malnourished: "Due to hardly having enough food to eat for weeks, Walter's stats are all at -2 until he recovers."
- Parked: "This ally enjoys having a Garage in the Shelter, and will gain a one-time mood boost after it is completed."
Being that Walter demands not to be taken outside very soon after joining, the choice of whether or not to keep him in the Shelter is somewhat moot. He is malnourished and a poor choice for taking into the field, but his high Mechanical and Science skills make him a valuable asset in the Shelter.
Walter will react negatively to killing neutral survivors.
- Age: 34
- Hometown: Glen Rose, TX
- Sick Event: bathroom issues
- Subleader Supported: Paul
- Shelter Location: Outside Shelter, near flagpole